The Description Logic Lunch (DL Lunch)
The Description Logic Lunch is a weekly event bringing together people with an interest in Description Logic.
For a typical DL Lunch, participants bring their own food and consume it, while DL related topics are being discussed. DL Lunch is rather informal and questions or talks are very welcome from all participants. The discussions can, for example, include the following:
- an exchange about recent work being done in Manchester with regard to DLs,
- someone reporting on an interesting conference he or she has attended,
- people rehearsing a talk that they will give at an upcoming conference or workshop,
- newly started members of the IMG group who work in the DL area giving a talk about the work they were doing before coming to Manchester,
- cross-disciplinary discussions with researchers from more application oriented areas, for example bio-informatics, about application requirements.
DL Lunch is organised by Dmitry Tsarkov and takes place every Tuesday between 12:30 and 14:00 in IT103 (over the bridge from Kilburn into the IT building, down the stairs to the ground floor). If you are interested in getting an email reminder for the event every week, you can subscribe to the DL mailing list. Topics with a broader target audience will also be announced in the news section of this website.
If you want to give a talk at DL Lunch, please contact Dmitry to arrange a date. Once you have an agreed date for your talk, you should send a title and abstract to Dmitry, ideally at least a week before your talk should take place. By doing so, you ensure that your talk is advertised on the IMG website and that all people on the DL mailing list are notified accordingly.